Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Here's the thing about life....

Seriously.  When did life become so hard? 

I mean life is usually difficult with challenges and parts that are sweet and parts that are dark.  Not everything goes your way but you somehow manage to roll with the punches.

Then one day it just seems hard all of a sudden.  There isn't any specific event that happens....it's just all of it.  All of everything that is going on.  You sit down and think about it.  Everything is happening and you don't have time to catch your breath.

It sucks being honest.
It sucks realizing you have no control over your feelings.
It sucks admitting you have a problem.
It sucks when you try to sweep it under the rug.
It sucks when you realize it only makes it worse.
It sucks when you realize it will take much longer to feel better than you wanted.


Saying it simply, depression sucks.  Labeling things sucks too. 

I wish life didn't have to be so serious all most of the time. 

And here is where I say that I understand that life isn't bad all the time.  It is beautiful and precious and fleeting.  It is a series of moments and choices and consequences and I love it.  I love being here gaining experiences.  I love my family.  I love my children.  I love my husband.  They give me the strength to become a better person. I am so thankful for a wise and loving Heavenly Father that put me in the midst of these wonderful spirits.  It is also because I have a knowledge of the Plan of Happiness and am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints that I have hope and faith.  I have a testimony of the Atonement.  I know that my sins, illnesses and unhappiness has been atoned for.  I am blessed.

With that said, life is good.  I feel like our family is on the right path.  The direction we should be going.  We want to be better, we want to do what is right.  We love the Lord.  We want to be better, so that we can then focus on others and help them.  I guess this is our family theme :) 

Here is to being more persistent and consistent in the future. 



No comments: