Friday, January 21, 2011

Gillian Had a Birthday!

Gillian was lucky enough to have a party for her birthday this year.  Lucky you ask?  Lucky because I must have been crazy to offer in the first place!  I am still thrown off by three kids and all of a sudden I was supposed to throw a big party?  Well...we did.  I had lots of help.  Gillian got lots of presents for her birthday but none bigger than having AUNT HILLARY visit!  We flew her in for a visit and she was here for the party.( Hillary post soon)  Basically she was on baby duty so I could bake and decorate and do all the other things that needed to be done. 
Gillian decided on a How to Train Your Dragon theme for her party.  I kinda wondered why she would do that...she is totally embracing her girly side...and then I realized at who she invited....ALL boys except one girl.  She was Astrid for halloween though so it wasn't that surprising I guess.  We had a lot of fun.  We gave them swords and had them make shields.  Jake put them through training exercises to defend themselves against a dragon attack.  It all colmulated with a real dragon (pinata) attack where each kid had to defend themselves!  We had so much fun!!!


 
 Decorating the shields and getting ready for battle!




 Hillary did a great job entertaining Lucy and being the guest of honor!












 Lincoln thought it was silly to be blindfolded to hit the dragon...he also thought it was funny having to use a stick to kill the dragon...all he wanted to use was the force.  :)







 The dreaded dragon!















 The birthday girl takes a swing!














 It finally goes down!  The kids went crazy (as they always do) trying to grab candy!









I tried my hand at making cupcakes from scratch.  I made a batch of Martha Stewert one bowl chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.  It was pretty yummy!  Gillian also picked out birthday cake ice cream. 




A friend made Gillian her very own special birthday cake...she loved it!



 Gillian got a lot of cool presents!  She had been scheming on that pillow pet for a long time!












Gillian knows how to tackle I mean say thank you!




1 comment:

valumama said...

happy birthday! she is so big!!! so happy you got to have your sister come! How is Lucy?