Thursday, April 14, 2011

Uber Super Oops...

Those were the first words out of my mouth when I saw the positive pregnancy test in the bathroom in February.  We thought our suprise in life was Lucy.  Apparently not.  Ready or not, the newest Benfield will join us here on earth October 16th!  (If you are keeping count that is 10 days before Lucy turns 1)


The shock seems to be wearing off a little and we are getting excited.  As I have had 3 months off from being pregnant I am really feeling this pregnancy.  I am exhausted.  I admit feeling conflicted for a while.  I didn't want to be happy or feel blessed...I wanted to feel sorry for myself (as my body was feeling the effects of pregnancy hormones again).  I started thinking about all the things that could go wrong...another baby with Lucy's condition or worse...the fact that we will never be able to fly on an airplane again (haha), having two babies under the age of 1 and the effects of 3 c sections in under 3 years.  Yikes.  When you think about things in that way, who could blame me for being conflicted?  Now I feel like I can do this.  I want this.  I want to know who needed to be sent to our family so soon after Lucy and who this spirit will be.  Whatever may come, I will love this baby and do my best as a parent. 
 So, here we go :) 

PS  You can start laughing at us now :)  I know not everyone we tell will react pleasently...Ya know I was even scared to tell Jake...so I emailed him...seriously.  :)


8 comments:

glen-denise-vince-mckee-cam said...

that is hilarious! the {emailing} part. how funny are you.
congratulations. lucy and this new baby will be BEST FRIENDS. they will love it. and she is adorable.
i hope you won't be so tired. that's the worst part i think!
congratulations again!!!!

Jess said...

Holy cow holy cow holy cow!!! That is so awesome you guys!!! I think I would e-mail my husband the news, too. :) Like the Adams said-it will be so neat to have two so close, they won't know life without each other. Congrats guys!

Korryn said...

hee hee heeeeeee!

Unknown said...

Yay Benfields! We are excited to her more about this new little person. Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest. : )

Andrews family said...

Sorry - that last one was from me. I didn't realize Jason was logged in. : )

Shannon And Tyler said...

More Benfields!! That is great. I saw your facebook thing and wanted to make sure. That is great though. Congratulations!! That e-mail part is really funny. I wonder what it was like for him to read that at work. I hope all goes well and that you have a happy healthy little baby!

Christine said...

Ummm, am I the last to know? Apparently... I saw that you said something on FB about your "pregnant self" and I thought I just misunderstood. Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!
I've heard the transition from 3 to 4 is easier than 2 to 3. :) Hee Hee.
And I promise I won't say anything about twins...

Sarah Galloway said...

You just made me laugh and cry at the same time! I am so glad that you are feeling the way you do now, and no, I don't think anyone could blame you for feeling the way you did in the begining. I am just Really Happy you are so happy now!